Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Background

I was the boy


that didn't have any roots


wasn't from anywhere


no return address or proof




I wanted to be dangerous


wanted to be mysterious


thought of as strange


came off as furious



trying to catch an eye


without being "that guy"


I found it almost impossible


to avoiding telling a lie



she won't look over here


she won't know my name


why am I so insecure


why does she drive me insane?



Because I've no stories to tell


no frilly past to share


never been to the liberty bell


never smelled a hotdog in times square



and there's no fighting chance


competing with the other guys


they've got familiarity


they've got pretty eyes



so I go it alone


ten speed windy nights


rain washes back my hair


eyes lit by street lights

No comments:

Post a Comment