Monday, April 8, 2013

Cries and whispers

I swear I heard thunder
I know I felt rain
It seems every blunder
Comes just before the pain

It's all like a storm

I feel guilty
Asking god for things
When I normally don't believe he's there

And I feel stupid
That I'm so desperate
I've somehow resorted to prayer

It's all like a storm with lightning


That started a flame
People hold me up to
To try and figure me out

I'm looking at people
I don't get you all either
Please don't have any doubt


It's a lonely world folks
Being like a grown up version
Of that lost wandering kid in the parking lot

Waiting for momma
Hoping that poppa
Will come and wipe away the snot

Well I'm past 40 now
There's no mom and dad anymore
I've left them all behind

I've got to figure out myself somehow
And start the game over again
As someone else this time....


No comments:

Post a Comment