Thursday, May 17, 2012

1989-- Standing in the middle of Caligula (something with the horizontal)

Don't like to look in the mirror 
Or hear the voice that belongs to what I see 
 singing off key, 

looking like life warmed over 

 Staring and wondering 
speaking and questioning 

 Noah Drake asked, "Wondering what she don't see in me." 

 Rolling out of bed, rolling into the black again in the bathroom in front of the glass 

again disliking someone who's done nothing wrong

 There I am clinging to sainthood, 

shaking my head with a laugh at the lack of willpower that others show 

 willpower I feel I have no right but to display 

 I'm standing in the middle of Caligula
 the only one who sees anything wrong here 
 the only one who holds "steadfast" dear
 I know what's wrong with this picture 

 and it's damn sure more than the contrast
 a lot more than the brightness 
 something with the horizontal 

 because it's the same thing over and over again, 
out of control like the dreams where I'm spinning and I can't stop it. 

 and I'm the only one who cares and I'm going home alone.. 
 stone cold sober 
 stone cold pure 
 stone cold righteousness 
 stone cold flame 

 I'm standing in the middle of Caligula 
 watching others hurt and others getting hurt 

 and doing and letting it happen like the horizontal, over and over again 

 I see the wine and the touch and the intemperance 
 and I don't want any part of it 
 and I question those who do 

 and those who let those who do off the hook 

 No one ever learns 
No one ever yearns 
because it's handed to them like the horizontal 
over and over again 

 I'm standing in the middle of Caligula 
 covering my ears 
covering my eyes 

 pretending it doesn't happen 

 stone cold flame

No comments:

Post a Comment