Thursday, November 17, 2011

Daddy

Sitting at the kitchen table
chin resting on my knuckles, exhaling....sharply.
You've been long gone....
Daddy, I have questions
What about that alternator I need your help with?
What about that life-changing situation I have to ask you about?
Where am I supposed to go with this....
sometimes I pick up the phone like you might actually be at the other end
I'm a crazy bastard.
Big things are happening
and I can't find that crack of light under the door
and you're not there for the answer
I'm helpless and hopeless, daddy
I turn in circles
sky of blue
tears of clear
hair flies around
and the tears sling loose
and there's not a safe place for me to stop
or for the tears to drop.
Daddy why aren't you there to catch me anymore?
Your tools are gone
Your smell is gone
I've got a picture, and a few of your toys,
but I stand in the living room, I can feel you there
Please say something, Daddy.
Because it's your answers I want
because I can't make a move without them....
Daddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment