Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thin

Sometimes I feel things so sharply/ they bring a tear to my eye/ Every time someone says hello/ It means there will be a goodbye/ and it's no lie I have a tough time letting go/ and it's so fucking easy to cry/ the wrong things are the ones people know/ No one knew I was trying to die/ and I feel like there's an open wound somewhere/ under a rain of salt/ I can't seem to locate it anyplace or anywhere/ and that is no one's fault/ 30 years ago, I had my ass kicked/ and no tear has been falling/ but light melancholy or a harsh word/ can have me crawling/ My skins so thin, I bet you can see through it/ but someone now is trying to find a way/ I believe in her, she wants to do it/ I feel less burn, my flesh much less frayed/ Because I don't want the hurt anymore/ I no longer have the strength to carry it/ She wants to take it off, hand it to me/ and watch me as I bury it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment